Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Networking in Modern Style

Dear B-Reader,

This weekend I attended an inspiring conference in Cow Town (AKA Fort Worth, TX). Although the conference was for the veterinary profession (as you know, B-Reader, my better half is a vet), many of the practice management and communication continuing education meetings were right up my alley. I learned so many things that I was excited to start the week and put these new concepts into practice for my real estate business.

Dr. Jim Humphries of the Veterinary News Network presented a dynamite lecture on social networking. Summary statement: if you're in business today, and if you want to continue to be in business next year, then you MUST get on the social networking bandwagon.

Many professionals are reluctant to use social networking for business marketing, but let me tell you, my B-Reader friend, these networking sites are the best type of marketing -- word of mouth recommendations from people who know you! And free!

Check out my social networking business pages for a little inspiration (granted, I am a novice, not an expert, but if I can do it, you can do it, too!).
Twitter: www.Twitter.com/ChalkleyREALTOR
Facebook: ChalkleyREALTOR
LinkedIn: www.LinkedIn.com/in/KatherineChalkley
Blog (um, you're already here): www.KatherineChalkley.blogspot.com
Web: www.HAR.com/KatherineChalkley

The key with all of these networking sites is to have the information that you post refer back to your business website, which for me is www.HAR.com/KatherineChalkley.

Tomorrow, I will share details with you about another topic from this excellent conference. Be certain to check-in.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're doing a great job using the modern social networking technology!

    ReplyDelete