Thursday, September 9, 2010

For Rent

Dear B-Reader,


For those of you tracking my real estate career, you will be pleased to know that despite the negativity in the news regarding my industry, I am doing A-OK in my business. Thanks to some wonderfully loyal clients and a great broker office.


Although qualified buyers are harder to come by these days than in previous years, tenants are on the rise. This summer, I averaged one completed lease transaction a week. Pretty good stats in this real estate gun-shy economy. Some leases are for individually-owned properties, such as single-family homes in a residential neighborhood. Others are for apartment and condos owned by large companies. Yes, contrary to the common practice of REALTORS, I actually do apartment leasing.


This last week, I showed some excellent for lease properties, ones that I, myself, would absolutely love to live in right now. One place has guest suites for out-of-town visitors to stay on the property but not necessarily stay in your home unit. Genius idea that offers privacy for both the tenant and guests. Several exclusive inner loop properties offer 24-hour concierge service, valet service, maid service, etc. for less than the average monthly mortgage. Brilliant! If only they came with a personal chef, I would be sold!


Tune-in to my real estate fan page on facebook (ChalkleyREALTOR) for updates on the Houston real estate scene and my adventures in the for lease and for sale markets. And if you'd like specific details on a property that I allude to, don't be afraid to ask.

2 comments:

  1. Man, you make me want to be a realtor just so I can be able to look at cool properties. I have loved the extra little house idea for a long time. It's the perfect hostessing tool....for the perfect hostess!! (wish I were talking about me)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know when you find the one with the chef and sign me up!

    ReplyDelete